California Health eQuality (CHeQ), a program of the UC Davis Health System Institute for Population Health Improvement, has just announce the formation of California Direct, and the availability of free Direct accounts for rural providers in California. These Direct accounts will be managed through a grant issued to Axesson to operate a Health Information Service Provider (HISP) using Direct technology for an inexpensive, easy-to-use, quick-to-implement method to securely exchange health information in a manner similar to secure email.
- transmit referrals and care summaries securely, consistently, and electronically
- send alerts to all providers caring for a patient upon hospital admission, discharge, and transfer
- enable patient access to their information electronically
- connect to trusted health information exchanges
- meet Meaningful Use requirements