Ben Dillon has posted on a truly difficult ethical situation shares the story on GeoVoices. It involves a mom who blogs on the challenges of raising a child with a genetic defect and this naturally attracts a sympathetic following.
- CHOP is carefully avoiding any discussion of the patient’s case or health situation and remains respectful of the opinions and feelings of everyone engaged in the discussion.
- They appear to be leaving all visitor posts on their page - the good and the uncomfortable.
- CHOP has issued a statement acknowledging that they are listening and reiterating their policies, values and history as relates to this issue.
- CHOP and the family have issued a joint statement on Facebook as a result of the significant public interest.
- The organization is discussing the issue with the family offline.
Let's all say a prayer for the child and her family!